This program uses MCH Navigator strategies to develop tools to aid in the translation and understanding of Evidence-based/informed Strategy Measures (ESMs) based on an expanded version of the Integrated Model for Outcome-Based Workforce Development (see figure).
This methodology posits successful outcome-based workforce development integrates five key components: (1) evidence-based education, (2) adult learning theory, (3) an expanded version of the Dreyfus Model of addressing educational needs with the right methodology and content at the right time, (4) quality standards, and (5) a collaborative environment.
The project will use this methodology to develop:
- Choose-and-Use guides to identify effective ESMs.
- Microlearning programs to promote learning in short, weekly segments for incremental, paced, and communal acquisition of skills and knowledge.
- Listen-and-Learn sessions to to ensure that the program adapts to the needs of the field.
MCH Navigator Tools Currently Available
- Identifying and Using Evidence-Based/Informed Resources to Address MCH Issues Learning Brief provides links to selected trainings and related tools on the topic of evidence-based and informed resources to address MCH issues
- Title V Transformation Tools provide online learning materials, resources, and evidence-based strategies and programs that support knowledge sets and skills needed to advance each National Performance Measure (NPM) topic area.