This program uses MCH Navigator strategies to develop tools to aid in the translation and understanding of Evidence-based/informed Strategy Measures (ESMs) based on an expanded version of the Integrated Model for Outcome-Based Workforce Development (see figure)
This methodology posits successful outcome-based workforce development integrates five key components: (1) evidence-based education, (2) adult learning theory, (3) an expanded version of the Dreyfus Model of addressing educational needs with the right methodology and content at the right time, (4) quality standards, and (5) a collaborative environment.
The project will use this methodology to develop:
- Choose-and-Use guides to identify effective ESMs.
- Microlearning programs to promote learning in short, weekly segments for incremental, paced, and communal acquisition of skills and knowledge.
- Listen-and-Learn sessions to to ensure that the program adapts to the needs of the field.
New Learning Resources
MCH Evidence Center staff have been conducting webinars to help with your Title V MCH Block Grant report and application. Check out the following videos and upcoming sessions:
NPM Webinar Series
This series consists of five webinars on evidence-based/informed strategies for addressing each of the 15 National Performance Measure (NPMs). Subject matter experts (SMEs) presented on evidence-based/informed strategies, which are oriented to public health and relevant to the role and services provided by Title V. These webinars are intended to provide Title V program staff with additional assistance in selecting evidence-based or informed strategies. Access archives.
Office Hours Webinar Series -- NEW!
New and Ongoing! This series is for those who want last-minute assistance in reviewing and selecting evidence-based/informed strategies and programs that address priorities, completing state action plans, and developing strong ESMs. These office hours serve as an informal space where our implementation experts provide tools, encourage peer-to-peer sharing, and answer submitted questions about effective strategies that are based on the evidence and are measurable through Results-Based Accountability (RBA). Access archives and register for upcoming office hours.
MCH Navigator Learning Tools
- Identifying and Using Evidence-Based/Informed Resources to Address MCH Issues Learning Brief provides links to selected trainings and related tools on the topic of evidence-based and informed resources to address MCH issues
- Title V Transformation Tools provide online learning materials, resources, and evidence-based strategies and programs that support knowledge sets and skills needed to advance each National Performance Measure (NPM) topic area.